Main cdfa368eeb
Small linkedin
Meet

David

Meet

David

Regional Investment Director - TD Wealth
U.S. Army - Colonel, Special Forces
About

I am the Regional Investment Director for New England & Metro New York of TD Wealth. In my position, I am responsible for the hiring, training, and delivery of investment services for all investment professionals and assigned support staff. In addition, I have the responsibility of consistently delivering on TD Bank's investment product and assigned strategic initiatives. Supporting TD's culture and protecting the TD brand is a role that I take very seriously.

Advice

Patience. Only 1% of the U.S. population has served in the military and the other 99% will not have the intuitive sense of how to translate military skills into a bank setting. It often takes organizations time to recognize your ability to adapt, improvise and do more with limited guidance and resources. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. I've made two transitions out of uniform back to the civilian workforce, and each time I've learned valuable lessons.

Takeaways

Care less about who gets credit. Good bosses will always recognize your contribution.

Listen. Your responses and relationships will always be better for it.

Disagreement does not mean disrespect. Pick your spots, but never compromise your integrity.

Find Your Next Career