Who You'll Work With
Become part of Cisco Cloud Managed Services (CMS) Team. CMS simplifies the ongoing management of Cisco Advanced Technologies, enhances the business benefits, and significantly reduces Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for our customers. We are a dedicated team that works together to anticipate, identify, and resolve issues faster, more accurately, less expensive, and with more visibility than customers can on their own.
Cloud and Managed Services seeks a Sr. Manager of Technical Support to lead a Unified Delivery Functions team that delivers Change Management, Service Request Management, and Problem Management functions globally. The ITIL-aligned delivery capabilities complement core Incident Management services provided to Cisco's Managed Services customers. The Sr. Manager is responsible for the strategy and execution of the Unified Delivery team, ensuring globally-consistent process execution and quality in delivery. The leader also handles escalations, and assumes ownership for the end-to-end customer experience in the respective ITIL areas. Serving in a liaison role, the Sr. Manager creates a bridge that connects the technical and business perspectives of customer engagements.
What You'll Do
In this highly visible role as a Sr. Manager of Technical Support, you will:
* Develop and drive strategic initiatives for the Unified Delivery Functions (UDF) team
* Enable team managers to supervise and lead the activities of the UDF team, with accountability for results in terms of consistency and quality
* Perform workload management among team members, including implementation of innovative ticket/case management techniques
* Assume a leadership role in Cisco Services or cross-functional teams to drive service delivery and/or product improvements
* Initiate and lead major cross-functional projects affecting Cisco business, product, or service leadership
* Identify and works on issues that affect worldwide TAC & CMS teams
Who You Are
* Typically requires BSCS or BSEE or equivalent plus 10+ years-related experience
* Experience in customer support and ITIL-aligned process development
* Possess 1 to 2 years of managing managers (desired)
* Possess 2 to 4 years of prior management experience (required)
* Possess 1 to 2 years of experience managing in a Network Operations Center (NOC)
* Complete understanding of, and experience in, leading a team in applying all elements of Technical Support
* Proven business and technical expertise and extensive customer service engineering experience
* Demonstrates strategic skills
* Demonstrated industry awareness
* Operational mind-set and disposition
* Comfortable working in a dynamic and evolving organization and service
* Ability to formulate and deliver complex presentations throughout Cisco and to customer technical departments
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.