The Cisco Technical Services group provides world-class support for customers around the globe. Your opportunity to impact the health and performance of networks and systems that surround us all are limitless. Career growth options will be BOLD, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
Our ACI-Customer Support Engineers play a crucial role in helping customers solve problems. Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a new and revolutionary technology to allow application requirements to define the network. Cisco transforms next-generation data center and cloud deployments with innovative Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) that radically simplifies, optimizes and accelerates the entire application deployment lifecycle. On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in a uniquely diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most innovative companies in the high-tech industry. You'll be coached and mentored by some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your technical skills.
Role & Responsibilities
It's an exciting time to join this newly formed group of ACI Customer Support Engineers. Get in on the ground floor of this newly formed Support group where you will support cutting edge technology!
In this role you will:
• Interface internally with CSEs, SEs, NCEs, Technical Leaders and internal engineering departments.
• Provide second/third level technical support for ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure), APIC technologies
• Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and software problems of moderate to high complexity. As a technical expert and provide support on a world-wide basis
• Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
• Utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
• Interface with CSEs, SEs, NCEs, Technical Leaders and internal engineering departments
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• 3 or more years of customer support experience, including strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, proven crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
• Expertise with Nexus and UCS products
• Experience Scripting in Python
• Working knowledge of Data Center industry, products and protocols
• Knowledge of Linux. Experience with multiple distributions (Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc), networking (bonding, bridging, iptables, vlans, OVS, etc), virtualization (KVM, libvirt, etc), and server software (Apache, open iSCSI, NFS, MySQL and/or Galera, MongoDB, etc) are all strongly desirable
• Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction and has the ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems.
• HP, IBM, Dell Server Support, or certifications, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE- VCP or CCNP/DCN
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members by Determining methods and procedures on new assignments, mentoring more junior engineers and promoting/soliciting ideas within TAC team
• Experience with L4-L7- load balancing, firewalls, OpenStack, and UCS
• Routing/Switching - Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with Routing/Switching across Cisco platforms.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the following technologies: TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, Multicast, MPLS, etc.
- CCIE Certification is a huge Plus