What You'll Do
In this highly visible, strategic leadership role within Cisco's Advanced Services Strategy & Planning organization you will be accountable for leading the global strategy and planning plus management of the operations for the Deal Acceleration Teams. This role is core to our business and will focus on simplification of the lead to order process for Sales to partner more effectively with Advanced Services. To fill this challenging role we are looking for a high-energy, detailed-oriented individual to focus on improving our internal interactions via resolution of pain points and implementation of enhanced engagement models.
As the Global Deal Acceleration Lead, you will be uniquely positioned to gain knowledge of the operations of the business within each region. While providing guidance to the local leaders you will ensure global consistency and identify where geographic variations are needed to successfully implement the operational processes. A key part of your role will be to build relationships and influence stakeholders across regional roles and functions to ensure alignment to and adoption of the global process and tools. You will be accountable for implementing, refining, and managing governance as you monitor targeted data and metrics to make streamlined decisions. Long-term you will be expected to continuously evolve the team's scalable global coverage model inclusive of automated touch points within the process. Join our organization's transformational journey to innovate and disrupt while driving operational excellence to drive productivity and scale.Whom You'll Work With
The successful candidate will be a core member of the Business Development leadership team and contribute to the continuous improvement of results and talent assessment of capacity, competency needs, and career progression. The leader will drive a cross functional governance process and ensure that the Deal Acceleration Team works collaboratively with Business Development, Sales and the Customer Relationship Teams to successfully execute business process and be comfortable effectively communicating with executive leadership and stakeholders across these functions.
This role will work closely with the Advanced Services Business Development and Transformation Office teams to drive the strategy and planning for global proposal management working towards delivery of significant increases in AS win rate, proposal quality, and customer experience scores. The leader will be a strong advocate for innovation and effectively lead through change by challenging and maximizing the strength of the Deal Acceleration Team and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization. Additionally, the role will eventually scale to encompass leadership across additional AS operational processes once the Deal Acceleration Team structure has stabilized.Who You Are
- Strategic thinker, self-driven
- Ability to work and lead in a globally distributed matrixed environment and to balance multiple priorities and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Create continuous three year vision and one year operational plan and roadmap
- Process-minded with ability to Integrate automation and leverage analytics for continued process improvements
- Leverage independent industry best practices and bench marking
- Change leader with proven experience to drive change and adoption of the process and ongoing improvements
- Proven ability to execute, by measuring both quantitative and qualitative results
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through technology
- Encourage continuous learning within team
- Planning and management skills to execute actions
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Integration of data and analytics into workflows and engagement processes.
- Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel internationally at least 25% of the time
Our minimum requirements are the following:
- At least 10 years of experience in business and technology consulting with a strong track record of progressive experience and responsibility
- Bachelor Degree required, MBA a plus
- Deep knowledge and experience with Business Development processes, metrics and organization
- Familiarity with Cisco's scoping, quoting, and forecasting processes
- Good knowledge of Cisco services offerings and service portfolio.
- Proven track record of driving efficiencies, improving effectiveness of team productivity
- Proven experience leading teams and is comfortable working in a cross-functional team environment that is global in reach.
- Demonstrated change management and communications skills (oral and written)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work.
We are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.