Join Microsoft’s One Engineering System (1ES) team and help shape the engineering system used by tens of thousands of engineers across the company.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across engineering feature teams (Git, reporting, build/release automation, work management, etc.) and engineering systems teams (Windows, Azure, Office, Skype, etc.) to build a vibrant community of customers and partners across the company through events, newsletters, videos and other communications channels.
Important skills include audience segmentation and customer targeting, developing key messages and value propositions, clear and effective writing, creative conceptualization and execution, editing, and project management. You should also have the ability to build strong partnerships across internal engineering teams,
Picture yourself working on some of these efforts:
• Develop messaging to drive awareness, understanding and uptake of improvements to Microsoft’s engineering systems.
• Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts to translate technical functionality into compelling customer-facing communications.
• Own the centralized 1ES Wiki content library including the information architecture, site design, and content lifecycle.
• Drive innovation at our flagship customer event – 1ES Day – through organizing hands-on learning experiences and the product fair expo.
• Plan the communications calendar, working with partners and teams to plan and schedule touchpoints and deliverables. You will create the right content mix and timing to get the messages out in the most optimal way.
• Edit, proof-read and test all materials before releasing them to go live. You will touch everything before it’s seen by tens of thousands of people to make sure our initiatives show up with shine and that we continue to run a tight ship.
• Work across an array of evolving communication channels and mediums, collaborate with partners and experiment with new ways to get a message out (e.g., written, video, digital, etc.). You will employ metrics to understand and drive the value of using different channels at different times.
• Undergraduate Degree (minimum) in Communications, Marketing, Computer Science, OR 3+ years internship or industry software engineering experience.
• 2+ years Program Management experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. In this job, you’ve got to have a keen eye for the written word and make messages relevant to employees, managers and leaders.
• Attention to detail. Can your eye catch even the smallest detail that is out of place? Details are critical when it comes to communicating our benefits and other programs.
• A desire and hunger to learn new subject matter. To simplify and communicate complex notions to employees and facilitate a satisfying employee experience.
• An operations mentality and experience optimizing process. We touch so many things that we should be careful not to over-engineer or to recreate the wheel every time we begin a new project.
• A strong focus on teamwork and collaboration. We thrive with team members who listen well, offer opinions, connect the dots and ultimately make thoughtful decisions to get things done.
• Ability to bring order to chaos. With so much going on at any given time, the ability to prioritize, organize and move quickly is key, while keeping that eye on quality throughout.
At Microsoft we believe in creating an environment for smart, curious, ambitious people to do their best work. Be a part of the team that helps bring our culture to life.
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.