1st Line Operator
Location: Newark, New York
Posted: January 11, 2017
Reference ID: 608123711
Adecco is assisting a local client recruiting for multiple Machine operator/packers - Warehouse jobs in
Newark, NY. This is for a temp- to hire opportunity that will give you valuable experience to enhance your career. You will be responsible for machine operation and packaging of various products. Packer's Insure that the product made is to the proper specifications and packages according to the customers' requirements.
Summary of Essential Job Duties for Machine operator /packer in Newark, NY:
• Fills cartons/display cartons appropriately. Ensures that products are packaged in boxes with appropriate corresponding labels; places proper quantities of product in each carton/tray; properly packs bags; tapes and seals cartons.
• Prepares cardboard cartons for product packing by supplying the packing station, folding, taping, and labeling cartons, and placing cartons on the work table.
• Stacks correct number of cartons appropriately on skids using correct stacking pattern.
• Moving materials, supplies and products by hand truck and/or two wheeled dolly.
• Read and interpret work orders and/or machine diagrams.
• Maintain workcenter production quotas.
• Understands and applies quality product standards.
• Baseline knowledge of product scrap/defect issues.
• Maintaining equipment and work area in clean and safe condition.
• Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities, Qualification and Competencies for the Machine operator /packer - Warehouse job include:
• Fully understand specifications, manufacturing processes and procedures
• Exercise independent judgment when inspecting parts acceptability for further operations
• Demonstrate a positive attitude that encourages teamwork and support of other employees
• Proficient in basic math skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• High School diploma/GED a plus.
• Knowledge of food processing/packaging and/or flexible packaging a plus.
• Experience with ISO Standards preferred.
• Regularly lift, bend, reach, twist and turn.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
• The job involves prolong periods of standing.
• Highly repetitive work, usually in a fixed body position for a sustained period of time.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Machine operator/packer. Position in Newark, NY or any related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled