1st Shift Quality Technician Production
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posted: January 18, 2017
Reference ID: 1041205197
Adecco is looking to fill a 1st shift Quality Technician for a local client located in Sarasota, FL.
Hours: 7am-4pm M-F
POSITION SUMMARY: Inspects materials and products for conformance to specifications provided by the customer. Consults with management to resolve quality, production and efficiency problems in a timely manner.
Read and accurately interpret blueprints
Comprehensive working knowledge of how to use calipers, drop indicators and vision measuring systems (preferably the OGP)
Perform complete dimensional inspections.
Have a solid understanding of SPC (Statistical Process Control)
Prepare First Article Inspection/Qualification reports
Support in-process inspections as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the collection of samples at scheduled intervals from each assigned machine.
* Utilizes tools, gauges and other inspection equipment to verify specified dimensions of product(s) in accordance with the specific customer control plan. During inspections, the technician will ensure the following:
1. Samples that present a problem are reviewed with the Shift Supervisor
2. Products being packed meet the standards outlined for the job on the product¿s QA
Instruction sheet in the Red Book
3. Measurements that are required to be met and recorded are documented
4. Quality records are completed.
5. Cycle times are recorded.
* Effectively communicates with Shift Supervisor, Process Technicians and machine operators in an effort to produce a consistent quality product.
* Ensures that the Red Book for each job running is at the appropriate machine and that the operator at each job has read, understands and signed the Daily QA Report.
* In the event of an internal rejection being observed, ensure all suspect products are effectively contained and isolated with the relevant hold tags in place. All recordings completed in a timely manner.
* All shift paperwork must be completed during and at the end of each shift. The QA lab is to be kept clean and well organized at all times.
* The technician along with the Shift Supervisor will conduct weekly QA Meetings with all shift personnel.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Read and have a basic understanding of part drawings.
* Understand and be skilled in the use of measuring tools.
* Capable of physical mobility, including: standing, sitting, bending, twisting, lifting, and reaching with hands and arms.
* Capable of maintaining an attendance record within Company guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Able to follow documented procedures and standards while working independently and remaining self-motivated with minimal direct supervision.
* Must be able to work one or more days on weekends and over time during the work week if so required.
Education and Experience:
* High school Diploma or GED equivalent with three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training.
Environmental Factors and Physical Demands:
* Capable of regularly lifting and/or moving up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 40 lbs.
* Ability to work standing up for entire shift.
* Vision while performing the job correctable to 20/20. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
* No uncorrectable hearing impairment.
* Full use of both hands.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Required to wear gloves when picking up samples as instructed by the Red Book.
* Required to wear glasses or safety glasses at all times while on the production floor.
* Work is performed primarily in the QA lab with frequent visits to the production floor or Clean Room for sample pick-ups.
* While in the Clean Room area, Technicians in addition to wearing gloves will be required to wear hair nets, beard nets (if necessary) and lab coats.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this 3rd shift Quality Technician in Sarasota or you can visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled