Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. With $70.0 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 129,000 employees in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Consumer Packaging Team is recruiting for a co-op to be located in Skillman, NJ. The consumer division markets a broad range of personal care products, including Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear, RoC, Le Petite Marseillais, Johnson’s Baby, Listerine, Band-Aid.
The Packaging Co-op will:
- Manage new package development projects, optimize existing packages and/or work on a cross-functional project team under the supervision of a Package Development Engineer.
- Daily interaction with Design, Marketing, Operations, R&D, Procurement, Project Management and Suppliers necessary to complete project objectives.
- Travel to suppliers and manufacturing locations as necessary.
- Perform laboratory tests and evaluations of primary and secondary packaging related to their specific projects.
- Develop Package Component drawings and specifications, and provide technical support to project teams.
- Build technical models and provide technical rational to support package selection
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide technical recommendations in the form of presentations and reportsResponsible for coordinating package tests, evaluation of results and resolving test failures.
- Analyze package test data: derive correlation between package performance and product stability.
- Conduct all work according to cGMP, Company, and Regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluate and characterize packaging materials and components.
- Recommend materials or packaging designs as possible alternatives when packaging problems arise.
- Schedule and perform routine package testing as well as work on immediate design/material issues.
- Support line trials at plants. Offer possible solutions/suggestions/test designs to resolve problems.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any Johnson & Johnson operating company without limitations and require NO sponsorship now or in the future (e.g., H1--B visas)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred - Cumulative.
- Must currently be enrolled in school and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, or another related Technology Major (i.e. Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Chemistry, Material Science)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication, and presentation skills, leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from work on a daily basis.
NOTE: If you are authorized to work in the United States based upon practical training as a result of being in F-1, J-1, H-1, L-1, E-1, E-2, O, P or OPT/CPT status, you will not be interviewed or considered for these employment opportunities.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function