The Dow Chemical Company has internship opportu nities during the summer of 2018 within its Information Systems organization for individuals who are within one or two years of graduation and are currently enrolled in a university working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related technical field.? The internships will be located in one of the global IT centers -- at Dow's glo bal headquarters in Midland, MI, nearby in Saginaw, MI or in?Chicago, IL.? The duration of these internships is?typically 12 weeks.
Interns will be involved in projects that are critical to moving forward Dow's IT Strategy and digitally transforming the organization. T hey will support critical business and technical needs for Dow business, research, and manufacturing functions around the world in a variety of technology areas including but not limited to artificial intelligence/machine learning, robotic process automation, BlockChain, analytics, mobile application development, cloud architectures and contemporary security solutions.
Interns will be involved in one or more of the following:
- Systems Solutions Center: Planning, designing, creating and implementing enterprise-wide or business specific technology and solutions. Managing change, delivering corporate-wide technology upgrades, minimizing risks, and enhancing employee productivity through increased familiarity with the capabilities we provide.
- Information Security: Preserving the integrity of Dow information and containing problems before they have an impact. Safeguarding ideas, protecting our data, network and equipment from intrusions before they begin.
- Service Management and Business I/S: Ensuring all Dow employees have the technology tools they need to be productive. Listening to our stakeholders - employees, suppliers and customers - and using that information to propel Dow forward.
- Operations: Ensuring that everything from the Dow network to the Dow intranet is stable and working smoothly.
- IT Technology Architecture: Researching and designing the information technology platform to enhance productivity at Dow. Testing the theories, enhancing the concepts, and exploring future information technology opportunities.
The incumbent may work together with support personnel from the United States; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Mumbai, India; and Shanghai, China, as well as, clients from any other Dow global location.
Candidates must have a strong interest in the application of information technology to meet rapidly changing business needs. They must have good judgment, good problem solving skills, and the ability to work with diverse, global teams in an empowered environment. Strong human relations skills, teamwork, and flexibility are essential for success.Qualifications
Must be within one or two years of graduation
and currently enrolled in a university working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related technical field. Prefer degrees in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or Computer Engineering.
A minimum 2.700+ cumulative GPA on a 4.000 scale at your current university is required, but we are seeking GPAs of 3.000 or higher.
A minimum requirement for this US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis. About DowDuPont
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at http://www.dow-dupont.com/ .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.