DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of
Companies, is recruiting for R&D Co-ops located in Raynham, Massachusetts.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest,
most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the
world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of
products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma,
spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and
biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we
are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s
evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to
develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient
care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
As a co-op in the R&D department, the individual:
- Will have the opportunity to use state of the
- Will observe world class surgeons in DePuy
Synthes training facility.
- Will be able to take advantage of on-site
- Will be working in a cross-functional group
(QA/MFG/RD/MKT) supporting one of our many projects.
- Will have opportunities that exist to work on
soft tissue repair (rotator cuff, labrum, ACL, meniscus, etc.) solutions or
electro-mechanical systems and their respective disposables (such as tube sets,
powered blades and burrs, powered hand pieces, etc.).
- Will work with a senior level engineer(s)
supporting various product development activities that may include implant and
instrument design, test fixture design, performing product testing and writing
testing reports, creating and managing design control documentation, etc.
- Will also have a chance to work with surgeons in
a cadaveric setting assessing device performance and obtaining surgeon
The ideal candidate for Mechanical or Biomechanical/Biomedical
- Be a third year to graduate level self-motivated
mechanical or biomechanical/biomedical engineering student with an interest in
anatomic repair and/or medical devices for the orthopedic market.
- Have 3-D modeling skills (Creo preferred),
experience using hand tools and performing mechanical testing, demonstrated
problem solving capabilities, and the ability to communicate technical
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited
college, pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical,
Biomechanical, or Biomedical)
- Candidates must be available to work full-time
(40 hrs/week) during the either the Spring (January - June) or Fall (July -
December) 2017 semester.
- Only students in their sophomore year or above
will be considered.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA.
Students must be able to provide their own transportation since this location
is not within walking distance from the train station.
- Students must be legally authorized to work in
the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status
(e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.