About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking bright, highly motivated individuals to join its Investment Analyst one year training program. Candidates should be top performers with strong technical backgrounds who are willing to work hard in an entrepreneurial environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. The position will report to the Managing Director of the Insurance Investment Team in New York. Specific Responsibilities Include
Skills & Experience Required
- Develop competency in various fixed income and equity concepts and products.
- Research current market themes and credit trends within sectors and maintain relevant statistical data as necessary.
- Identify and evaluate securities for potential investment or sale.
- Prepare credit memoranda on potential purchases and existing investments.
- Effectively communicate with investment professionals across Guggenheim Partners' various investment groups.
- Perform due diligence on Investment issuers and managers via third party research, meetings and conference participation, which may require occasional domestic travel.
- Build applications to meet the risk management and portfolio construction needs of the broader organization.
- Interact with marketing, investor relations, client valuation teams and trade settlement groups.
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic and ad-hoc exposure and performance reports for management.
About Guggenheim Investments
- Strong technical background, experience with VBA programming, data filtering and quantitative background is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed with limited supervision.
- Record of success as part of a team or group effort.
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately.
- Understanding of accounting via basic coursework or experience.
- Strong technical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Bloomberg or programming experience a plus.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Degree in Operations, Physics and/or Mathematics, preferred.
- Expected undergraduate graduation date of December 2016 - June 2017.
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.