As an Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for testing of various optical and photonic components and subsystems for Intel's next generation high-speed silicon photonic products. You will work closely with component and module design engineers for component characterization, optical sub-assembly testing, and data analytics. You are also expected to assist the module and system testing.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Define test plan and characterize high-speed photo-detectors
- Perform high-speed receiver subsystem testing
- Perform optical loss testing of waveguides and fiber-to-chip coupling
- Perform optical system testing
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experience.
- Must be pursuing a MS Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science or related technical discipline
- Minimum 1 year of relevant hands-on experience in high-speed optical & photonic component characterization
- Minimum 1 year of experience in optical fiber system testing
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 years of experience with semiconductor lasers, electro-optic modulators, and PIN detectors
- 3 years of experience with statistical data analysis and process
- 3 years of experience with RF testing using probe, VNA, and DCA
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.