Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Corporate Audit Team structure focuses on delivering audit services to State Street's major business areas and clients, managing specialized functions and accelerating necessary development activities. The Corporate Audit Teams organizational structure delivers audit services focused on Asset Management (SSgA), Global Servicing, Global Markets and Information Technology.
Corporate Audit Summer Internship - Rising Senior - Undergraduate 2018
Students who meet the program criteria and who are accepted into the program are assigned to a specific position within Corporate Audit based on their experience, skills, and professionalism as well as how well they present themselves during the interview for consideration into the program.
The internship provides an opportunity for students to learn about the financial services industry and to experience the corporate environment first hand. Through on-the-job experience, interns develop their business, financial and analytical skills. Interns have opportunities to learn about various State Street jobs and career paths that align with their field of study and majors.
The Corporate Audit Summer Internship Program, performance objectives are identified for each participant, based on their assignment. Interns participate in weekly team meetings. During the 10 weeks program, Interns will have opportunities to learn more about State Street and develop skills through several offerings which include a Speaker Series, Global Outreach volunteer event and other events schedule during the summer.
We seek well-rounded college undergraduate students with a combination of academic aptitude, proven leadership capabilities, and excellent communication skills.
Corporate Audit Summer Internship Program
* The Audit Intern will learn the techniques and methodologies surrounding Corporate Audit.
* The Audit Intern will assist in the performance of audits, specifically focusing on fieldwork, documenting and testing the internal control environment of State Street Corporation, in assigned areas.
* The Audit Intern will be responsible for completing walk-thru of assigned audit areas and clearly documenting audit work papers in an automated workpaper program.
* The Audit Intern will communicate the audit progress and findings by assisting in the preparation of reports and providing information in meetings.
* The Audit Intern will learn about various Company policies, Corporate Audit procedures, the Institute of Internal Audit Standards and industry regulations.
* As part of the Summer Intern Program the Audit Intern will participate in various State Street Corporation speaker program to gain a better understanding of the overall Organization.
Audit Intern Skills:
* The Audit Intern must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* The Audit Intern must be able to learn audit skills and techniques in order to perform assigned duties.
* The Audit Intern must have strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact with Senior Management of State Street Corporation.
* The Audit Intern requires strong analytical skills, the ability to prioritize and must have solid time management skills.
* The Audit Intern will be expected to develop overall product knowledge and business unit knowledge of State Street Corporation over time.
* The Audit Intern will need to take initiative, ask questions as well as be enthusiastic.
* Currently enrolled in College Undergraduate Program, with an anticipated graduation date of 2018
* Majoring in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant financial disciplines.
* Minimum GPA of 3.25.
* Balance of academics with involvement in college activities, clubs, and organizations as well as community involvement.
* The candidate requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID:
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.