More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us! OBJECTIVES:
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
A Ph.D. student level summer intern position in computational biology (R&D informatics) within Takeda Boston that is tasked with supporting the efforts for precision medicine. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Assist to develop a statistical or computational platform using human genetics data such as DNA-Seq or RNA-Seq or shotgun microbiome sequencing and machine learning (preferentially deep learning algorithms) in terms of identification of disease subtype or patient stratification for precision medicine.
- Run literature search and algorithm evaluation with strong statistical and quantitative skills.
- Write reports and give presentations on the analysis results to internal/external audience.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- A PhD student in computational biology, bioinformatics, human genetics or statistical genetics, biostatistics, computer science, mathematics or relevant engineering fields.
- Strong quantitative science background including statistics, data mining, and machine learning, particularly deep learning algorithms.
- Strong knowledge on human genetics or statistical genetics.
- Good experiences with statistical modeling for associating genetic variants (or transcriptomic profiles) with phenotypes such as treatment response or disease subtypes.
- Experiences with next-generation sequencing data analysis are appreciated.
- Sufficient programming exposure to R. Experiences with Python, Perl, Matlab, C/C++, or JAVA are also appreciated.
- Excellent communication skills.
May work on the computer for several hours at a time. We are driven to improve people's lives. www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.