More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us! OBJECTIVES:
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The Commercial Leadership Development Department would like to employ an intern to assist with our growing responsibilities for District Business Manager and Regional Business Manager on-boarding and continuing education.
The Leadership Development department designs, develops and delivers leadership curricula and courses for Takeda's Sales Leadership Team. The Manager of Leadership Development position is a high energy, fast-paced and diverse role, focused on developing the skills and behaviors needed to lead a high performing Takeda Sales Team to achieve sales objectives.
The Manager of Leadership Development will manage all aspects of curriculum development, including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training programs.
The role requires frequent strategic, critical and creative thinking to assess business, or stakeholder needs, and then develop and ultimately execute solutions within the timetable and budget allotted. This is a developmental role, however prior knowledge of project management, training and instructional design are considered pluses. The Manager of Leadership Development will collaborate and communicate with all levels of mid and senior leadership, from a variety of functions, so a high level of professionalism is essential. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
This intern would assist us as we build a comprehensive on-boarding training program for our new Regional Business Directors. In addition, will assist with New District Business Manager Development, as well as research industry benchmarks on measuring training effectiveness and then develop tactics to measure the effectiveness of our leadership development efforts.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Designs, develops and executes sales leadership training curricula for new and tenured District Managers, Specialty District Managers, Specialty Account Managers and Regional Sales Directors.
- Challenges the status quo to look for innovative methods of training.
- Works closely with the Sales Advisors (ASD, RSDs and DMs) to uncover needs, develop training strategies and create relevant and valuable training to meet our customer and business needs.
- Leads core project team, including instructional designers, project managers, subject matter experts and external partners.
- Creates or enhances processes to make LD team more efficient or effective.
- Works with industry consultants to gain additional perspective as appropriate.
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness of all phases of training and utilizes qualitative feedback and facts and quantitative data to make appropriate modifications where necessary.
- Coordinates and facilitates training classes for all LD training initiatives
- Manages individual vendors to build and coordinate the efforts of the collective group of vendors to ensure alignment of program objectives.
- Maintains a high level of visibility to leadership development and pharmaceutical market trends, as well as best practice training methods.
- Manages the Leadership Development budget effectively and operates within corporate guidelines.
- Communicates proactively and clearly with all internal customers.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate-level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master's degree; for Bachelor's and Master's degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
May work on the computer for several hours at a time. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
We are driven to improve people's lives. www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 30 % travel.
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.