More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Takeda Oncology's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 10-12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company.
The goal of the internship is to provide insights into the pharmaceutical product management experience through a variety of activities under the supervision of the marketing brand directors. At the completion of the internship, the intern should have a thorough understanding of the key elements necessary for a successful commercial launch in the pharmaceutical industry
The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
• Responsibilities of our interns will vary according to the individual project teams. Interns will act in the same capacity as a product manager participating in all product management activities, relevant business unit meetings, and planning sessions.
• Each intern will be assigned a specific project that would be completed by the end of the internship with an expectation that the intern will present the work product to the brand team and commercial leadership. This would be in addition to routine activities designed to achieve the goal of a complete product management experience. Due to the nature of Takeda Oncology's business and culture, interns are given projects that are challenging and necessary to our continued success as an organization. During the internship, interns will gain exposure to many of the business units core functions.
• Networking throughout the organization will be facilitated with an expectation that the intern will meet one on one with multiple marketing team members, cross-functional team representatives, and executives to increase understanding of commercialization, drug development process, key challenges, and risk
• End of summer feedback will be provided with a request for reciprocal feedback on the internship experience
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Graduate student pursuing a BA/BS or MBA with concentrations in marketing or other related disciplines
• Ability to work for 10-12 weeks
• Previous experience in marketing and/or market research preferred
• Previous experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry preferred
• Superior communication skills: written, oral, interpersonal and presentation
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills - ability to gather, evaluate and interpret data to identify issues or opportunities
• Ability to organize and communicate with vendors
• Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet timelines
• Interpersonal Flexibility - ability to adapt to other personalities in a respectful manner that is conducive to goal achievement
• Interested candidates should possess a strong desire to learn about the commercial side of the pharmaceutical business.
May work on the computer for several hours at a time.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.