Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is an integrated, world class health care consulting organization focused on value, reimbursement, and patient access. We help to develop and launch innovative commercialization strategies for some of today's new and vital therapies and medical devices. As an intern of Xcenda, you will be learning from and working alongside intelligent, collaborative, and experienced professionals who are inspired by what they do and are highly motivated to make a difference. We are an ambitious team that values accountability, collaboration, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and passion. We believe life is meant to be pursued and enjoyed through creative thinking, ethics and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to everything we do. WHY XCENDA
Our Project Managers are valued members of each project/client team. They are our air traffic controllers. Our glue. Our ambassadors of excellence. The project management team uses their organizational and communication skills to keep projects moving, acting as an essential link between content developers, creative, client services and our Quality Control departments. They manage project budgets and client billing. They are Xcenda's "client process specialists" being our experts in client finance and contracting procedures, as well as submitting projects through client copy approval systems. They are keen champions of the client's brand and are masters at keeping project timelines on track.
We invite you to apply for the industry's most unique internship - a hands-on journey that promises to uncover hidden insights and redefine how products are commercialized in the marketplace.....and how we operationally facilitate and carry out projects on time, within budget and scope.
Learn what it takes to make pharmaceutical products accessible and attainable.
Be inspired by the world's leading health care consulting team.
Share in our commitment to excellence.
Join Xcenda! INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION:
Under the general direction of the Director of Project Operations, the Project Management Coordinator Intern will be responsible for working alongside the Project Operations Team Leads and Project Managers to assist and support internal and external project work, and learn the practical next steps for a successful Project Management career. This is a 10-week paid internship program. Intern must be able to work out of our Palm Harbor, FL office for the summer of 2017. Relocation assistance available. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS TO BE LEARNED
- Assist in project initiation and maintenance procedures using internal Project Operations tools and processes
- Assist Project Operations Team Leads schedule and hold internal meetings (as needed), and follow up with meeting notes
- Performs general projects related tasks (copying of project materials, binder/booklet development, shipping, meetings materials/collateral development, etc.)
- Assist Project Managers with Medical/Legal submissions through client submission process (includes support submission requirements for FDA, submission of documents to client, etc.)
- Learn client-specific processes to ensure compliance and efficient submissions of materials
- As directed, perform review of deliverables for medical, legal and copy approval submissions (ensuring appropriate client naming conventions, document preparation, referencing and annotations are completed by content developers, and ensuring all project queries/edits by client and internal team members are addressed before submissions along with the content developer on the team, etc.)
- Participate on client calls as needed
- Develop and maintain accurate record of work in progress/document list/tracker of copy approval documents
- Develop and maintain organized/standardized copy approval submission job files (paper and electronic within project folders or team collaboration site)
- Identify opportunities to improve project efficiency
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project team
- Keep the Project Manager and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Scheduling and other introductory project management functions as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned, support project and client services on ad hoc requests
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- General understanding of internal and client specific processes with regard to project Contracting, Finance, and Copy Approval
- Hands-on experience and understanding of consulting business principles, processes and technology
- General project management skills (ie, project lifecycle steps, manage multiple projects of various diverse scopes, good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions)
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelors or Master's degree program in a related field such as: business administration, marketing, operations, communications, project management or any other related field.
- Preference is for candidate to be a rising junior, senior or enrolled in a master's degree program.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Work independently and proactively
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Functions as a team player
- Work efficiently on all tasks within the allotted number of hours by deadline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse project and client teams
- Produce positive results in a high-pressure environment
- Prioritize tasks and complete assignments in a thorough and competent manner
- Recognize areas to increase efficiency and contribute solutions
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT)
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.