Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is an integrated, world class health care consulting organization focused on value, reimbursement, and patient access. We help to develop and launch innovative commercialization strategies for some of today's new and vital therapies and medical devices. As an intern of Xcenda, you will be learning from and working alongside intelligent, collaborative, and experienced professionals who are inspired by what they do and are highly motivated to make a difference. We are an ambitious team that values accountability, collaboration, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and passion. We believe life is meant to be pursued and enjoyed through creative thinking, ethics and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to everything we do.
We invite you to apply for the industry's most unique internship - a hands-on journey that promises to uncover hidden insights and redefine how products are commercialized in the marketplace.
Learn what it takes to make pharmaceutical products accessible and attainable.
Be inspired by the world's leading health care consulting team.
Share in our commitment to excellence!
Join Xcenda today!
The Reimbursement & Policy Insights (RPI) team conducts ongoing research and analysis on reimbursement and health policy developments; we anticipate reimbursement challenges and create targeted strategies at every stage of the drug product life cycle. RPI clients-primarily pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies-count on us to help them navigate the changing healthcare payer environment and ensure appropriate patient access for their products. This is a PAID 10 week internship program. Intern must be able to work in our Fort Mill, SC office. Relocation assistance available. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general direction of upper management, the RPI intern will work on projects proposals, conducting research, and analyzing data using established procedures. May also perform the below tasks:
Qualifications: MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Support analysts, managers and directors with direct day-to-day reimbursement project activities including research, analysis and project management
- Assists with ongoing research for reimbursement related projects
- Conducts research, develops content for presentations, and helps with analysis and writing of a wide range of consulting projects
- Continuously monitors, assesses and identifies strategies to improve the quality of projects, project deliverables, presentations and consulting services
- Participates actively in team meetings
- Maintains individual chargeability requirement
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred (for candidates currently in an undergraduate program). Graduate school candidates in a program with a different grading scale must be in good academic standing.
- Must at least be a rising senior in an undergraduate program. A rising second-year candidate enrolled in a Master's program is preferred.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Enrolled in a degree program within healthcare consulting or pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry is preferred.
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of reimbursement across the healthcare payer landscape.
- Ability to contribute to a team and to deliver results on time, with the available resources, and within budget
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with multiple individuals simultaneously
- Ability to maintain high quality output
- Basic knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/medical device industry and the reimbursement process by major US healthcare payers (eg., Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial healthcare insurance plans)
- Basic project management and research skills
- Thinks and works independently and is also a team player
- Ability to successfully analyze and solve complex reimbursement issues, once given guidance on how to research and compile needed information to conduct the analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to write proposals, documents and deliver presentations
- Interest and ability to "think outside the box"
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, successful consulting firm, which maintains high quality standards and demands excellence
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.