More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us! OBJECTIVES:
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The supplier diversity intern will assist with analyzing supplier diversity data received from the OBU(s), and assist in creating reports for various internal and external entities as well as balanced scorecard reports for Procurement, and also assist in the development of a process for capturing Tier 2 spend reports from Tier 1 suppliers, and aggregating this information into reports for various internal and external entities. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Conducts analyses of varying complexity of Takeda's Procurement, Supplier Diversity, and related business data provided by TPUS OBU, and other resources.
- Design, develop and deliver timely and accurate dashboards, reports, presentations and visual aids designed to educate, inform and influence the decisions of Supplier Diversity and Procurement stakeholders and business leaders within Takeda
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate-level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master's degree; for Bachelor's and Master's degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Critical thinking skills in formulating hypotheses, interpreting results and being able to make educated guesses when data may be sparse or unavailable
- Intermediate to Expert skills in Ariba a plus, but can be trained
- Multi-tasking, flexible, excellent written and verbal communication skills
May work on the computer for several hours at a time. We are driven to improve people's lives. www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.