Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck is currently recruiting for a 2017 Summer Student Engineer internship position. The intern will:
- Work primarily in the manufacturing floor setting, including monitoring of key processing parameters, troubleshooting/resolution of manufacturing problems, demonstration of new and/or improved processes, and assisting the manufacturing area in achieving productivity.
- Be closely supervised, but will be required to apply sound scientific principles, theories, concepts, and techniques, as well as competency is working safely in the antibiotic manufacturing environment.
- Collect information and develop solutions to specific projects of a limited scope.
Assignments may be designed to develop professional knowledge and to provide broad experience and familiarization with Merck methods, standards, procedures, and practices. Qualifications: Education:
Required: Candidate must be currently enrolled in a college or university undergraduate or graduate program in chemical or biochemical engineering. Required Experience:
- Candidates must have completed at least (2) full years of undergraduate study by June of 2017.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (12) weeks from June to August of 2017.
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and ability to work in a team environment. Candidates should have good analytical and problem solving abilities.
Cherokee Site is a manufacturer of beta lactam antibiotics and, as a result, candidates must be able to work in and around the manufacturing and warehouse areas associated with such chemicals.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement