Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (JSC Athens), a member of
the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for Co-ops to be
located in Athens, Georgia.
JSC Athens produces a variety of active pharmaceutical
ingredients (APIs) and pharmaceutical intermediates, making it a major
worldwide producer of medicinal analgesics and synthetic fine organic
chemicals. JSC Athens also produces polymers for pharmaceutical use and medical
Co-ops opportunities are available in Operations, Process
Engineering, or Maintenance. Responsibilities are dependent upon the department
and the specific manufacturing plant assignment. The work will be conducted in
Athens, Georgia, in one of three manufacturing plants.
Common expectations include the following:
- Gather and interpret process data to implement improvements
in cycle time, yield, or quality.
- Participate or conduct in troubleshooting
efforts by analysis and correction of both chemical and mechanical operating
problems to maintain or improve existing site operations.
- Create and implement change control.
- Create and update production records and
equipment operating procedures.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, as
needed, to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Maintain process surveillance programs on issues
such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over.
- Participate in capital and engineering projects.
- Participate and coordinate in process excellence
(Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) improvement projects, Kaizen events, and other manufacturing
- Consult and interact with sales representatives,
vendors, and contractors.
- Learn and interact with different forms of
equipment automation and plant control systems (PLC, BPCS, etc.)
- Deliver end of semester presentations to showcase
work to site management.
A qualified candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be legally
authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for
employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative
is strongly preferred
- Candidate must be actively
enrolled pursuing either a Bachelors or Master’s degree ( but not
necessarily taking classes)
- Candidate must have reliable
transportation to and from work on a daily basis for the duration of the
- Candidate must be able to work
full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
- Completion of at least
freshman year of undergraduate academic program is required
- Availability to work a minimum of three
alternating semester-long rotations is preferred (i.e. Spring 2017, Fall 2017,
and Summer 2018).
Our preferred majors
are, but are not limited to:
- Engineering (Biomedical,
Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial) or related
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
General AdministrationRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.