Ethicon Inc. a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of
Companies, is recruiting for Co-ops to be located in Cornelia, GA
Ethicon is part of the Global Surgery Group within Johnson
& Johnson. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is
the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the
Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales
come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve
customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the
U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery
Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from
products introduced in the past five years.
The ABS Process Engineering Co-Op will include the following:
- Work on cross-functional teams to support and
lead absorbable process engineering projects and line-support initiatives.
- Interactions with various manufacturing teams
and processes will be required on a daily basis.
- Projects range from new product introductions
and new equipment technology implementations, to process and equipment
- Chemical, mechanical, and electrical/computer
engineering majors are preferred; however, bioengineering and material science
(concentration in biomaterials or polymers) majors will also be
- Strong leadership, initiative, and time
management skills are desired. Experience with Excel and/or Minitab is
The EHS Co-Op will include the following:
- Opportunities to support both Safety and
Environmental projects as well as day to day activities.
- Hazardous waste tracking, profiling and
management skills will be learned.
- Safety programs including near miss reporting
processes, machine guarding, lock out Tag out will be supported.
- Waste water treatment operational support will
include sampling and reporting procedures.
- Environmental engineering, Environmental science
and mechanical engineering students are typically good fits with this program.
The Quality Co-Op will include the following:
- Use mathematical skills and engineering/materials knowledge to
solve problems and propose solutions.
large amounts of test data using statistical and mathematical methods to understand
nonconforming issues and processes in order to document and solve
the opportunity to use state of the art tools and take advantage of the
many training courses offered on-site.
all skills learned to understand the entire stage of a product from design
to assembly and stabilization after product launch.
with cross-functional teams to analyze and solve problems
Excellence Engineer Co-Op will include the following:
- Performs Engineering projects and other work in
support of the manufacturing.
- Support Process Excellence by performing
engineering investigations, performing or overseeing projects or segments of
projects in assessment, design, engineering, implementation, validation and
- Follow current
compliance regulations and standards.
- Comply with all
federal regulated programs.
- Support External Plant
Activities such as Blood Drive, United Way, Etc.
- Participate in
continuous improvement activities, using Lean Manufacturing concepts
(Kaizens, 6S, Visual
- Basic or advanced
computer and database management skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prefer knowledge of lean manufacturing and manufacturing
processes such as Just in Time (JIT), KANBAN, and Pull Systems.
qualified candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the
future (e.g. H1-B status)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred
- Candidate must be actively enrolled pursuing either a
Bachelors or Master’s degree ( but not necessarily taking classes)
- Candidate must have reliable transportation to and from work
on a daily basis for the duration of the co-op.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week)
during the duration of the co-op position.
Our preferred majors are,
but are not limited to:
(Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical, Plastics and
(Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
General AdministrationRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.