Description Solutions for the Growing World
Dow AgroSciences is seeking to hire talented and dynamic individuals to join our sales force and help us serve the needs of the growing world. You'll be a part of a global team that develops and services innovative solutions for crop protection, urban pest and vegetation management, seeds, traits and agricultural biotechnology.
This shared commitment extends to your career development. Here employees grow their careers and have countless opportunities to develop professionally. We offer positions around the United States and the globe for those seeking new challenges and a collaborative work environment that empowers you to do your best work.
Come join our winning team environment and take control of your career!
As a sales trainee, you will begin your career with Dow AgroSciences learning and understanding the "in's and outs" of a dynamic industry, while helping to sell and service Dow AgroSciences products. You will work under the supervision of a District Sales Manager in one of our exciting business units: Northern or Coastal Crop protection, Seeds, Range and Pasture, Turf and Ornamental, Vegetation Management or Urban Pest Management. The sales trainee position can lead to a sales representative position, where you will then be responsible for the success of a sales territory. Primary Responsibilities:
- Create demand for Dow AgroSciences' products
- Foster relationships with customers and properly represent the Dow AgroSciences brand
- Provide consultative selling and technical assistance to dealers, growers, applicators, or other appropriate channel partners in the proper use of Dow AgroSciences products
- Work one on one with end user customers to provide assistance on evaluation of pests, soil conditions, product selection, application method or timing of Dow AgroSciences products
- Teamwork with District Sales Manager and sales team to help develop annual plans for primary customer accounts
- Timely communication with key accounts and other customers to help insure full understanding of Dow AgroSciences' products, pricing and programs
- Discover and evaluate new market opportunities, use support from field science and sales team members to assist where needed
- Work within established expense budget
- Create individualized performance management plan with District Sales Manager to outline goals and career growth
- Work safely and ethically within our company core values and safe driving standards
Minimum of Bachelors degree is required, preferably in the following areas:
- Ag Science
- Any other related discipline
- 3.0 cumulative GPA or better is preferred
- Clean driving record
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness and ability to relocate within continental U.S
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Demonstrates technical aptitude
- Business and entrepreneurial skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork
- Customer focused mentality
- Proficiency in computer technology
- Accepts individual responsibility and accountability
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.