Description Internships Help You Make The Right Decisions
The Summer Internship Program (SIP) in the Commercial Organization is designed to give participants awareness of the sales, marketing, customer service, and technical service functions at a Fortune 40 company. They will acquire knowledge of various roles, responsibilities, and capabilities; and an understanding of concepts, techniques, and tools which drive sales effectiveness.
The SIP is a 12-week program that combines practical learning with on-the-job assignments to familiarize participants with the various technologies, people, and processes which drive the inner workings of the Commercial Organization. Participants will collaborate and work on project(s) that have direct applicability to Dow's growth strategy and continued future success. The program helps participants develop competencies such as business acumen, interpersonal skills, time and project management, and drive for results, as well as broaden their business perspective.
Participants will be given access to resources in order to perform to expectations and standards. They will be expected to work individually as well as in a team environment for maximum productivity. Participants will regularly interact with professionals of varying levels of positions, tenure, experience, and expertise. Throughout the 12 weeks, participants will be given coaching and feedback in order to learn, grow, and develop their skills.
This program can be a tremendous opportunity in a college student's learning journey.Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
Reliable attendance is an expectation of every Dow employee, therefore student must be able to provide their own reliable transportation. About DowDuPont
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree
- Must have a current cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher on a 4.000 scale
- A minimum requirement for a US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.