The Dow Chemical Company's Research and Development Information Research organization has exciting and challenging opportunities for summer internships. These positions are located in Midland Michigan.
Information Research function is focused on making Dow Research and Development the best at using information technology for a competitive advantage. This position is aligned to the Research Computing department.
Areas of focus will include all facets of software development, or robotics and lab automation. As a software developer intern in Dow research and development, you will develop next- generation applications that enable research at Dow Chemical. Software developers dive deep into code and work as part of a team of programming experts who solve problems and build powerful new tools for researchers and R&D decision makers. You will collaborate with software architects and chemical researchers to develop software and database systems.
As an intern in systems development group, you will be working on the latest cutting edge technologies.Qualifications
Seeking candidates with the following:
- Excellent programming skills with an understanding of object oriented programming languages.
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a b achelors or higher in Computer Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Library and Information Science with a background in software development.
- An overall minimum cumulative GPA of 2.700/4.000, at your current university, is required.
- A minimum requirement for a US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis.
Reliable attendance is an expectation of every Dow employee, therefore reliable transportation is required. About DowDuPont
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.