Dow AgroSciences seeks students for full-time internships within our research and development organization. Our internships are lab-based science positions, and students will work closely with a senior scientist in an industrial setting. It is desirable that students have past practical experience in a laboratory research environment, generating data, as well as relevant computer skills. Students are encouraged to be creative and take initiative, where appropriate, and will be granted latitude for discretionary decisions and independence of action within guidelines established by their supervisor. Students are expected to always operate in a safe and efficient manner. Good interpersonal, communication, organizational, teamwork, and time management skills are essential.
- Participate in all phases of research including planning, preparation, calibration, application, evaluation, and analysis with supervisor.
- Work in a safe manner and adopt Dow AgroSciences' safety culture.
- Become an independent and proficient scientist by making novel observations, interpreting data, and drawing sound scientific conclusions.
- Present project reviews throughout the summer and a final poster before colleagues and peers.
- Environmental science internships are available to students that are currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in environmental science or a related field and will be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate classes fall of 2018.
- Minimum GPA 3.2.
- Must be able to relocate to the city of the internship.
- Must be able to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the timeframe of May to August.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674 .
A little about us:
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.