The Dow Chemical Company is seeking MBA students for marketing internships at our Midland, Michigan headquarters. The primary emphasis of these internships is value growth, whether through opportunity assessment, product/service launch, or customer/product optimization. What is the Marketing Leadership Development Program (MLDP)?
MBA students entering Dow's MLDP as interns have an opportunity to participate in Dow's transformational effort of increased market intimacy in strategic growth areas and to uncover unmet customer needs to drive our solution innovation development and execution. Students in this program will be assigned to a three month project either in strategic marketing, product management or new business development category. During this project, interns will be an active member of a Dow business and have opportunity to apply and further develop his/her marketing skill set. Successful interns will be evaluated as candidates to join Dow's team for permanent marketing roles.
Typical MLDP intern projects include:
- Developing understanding of market trends, needs and structure
- Providing opportunity recommendations on new markets or industries to pursue
- Developing new business ideas and shaping a hypothesis to create value
- Conducting a value chain analysis for a particular market/industry
- Creating value models to identify value creation of new product/service offerings
- Project management leadership with multi-functional/multi-geographic teams
- Participating in the implementation of a new business concept and strategic plan
- Exposure to Executive & Senior Business/Marketing leadership
- Digital marketing strategy and campaign engagement
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with a passionate energy to create value growth, identify opportunities and drive business innovation through marketing. Ideal marketers have an entrepreneurial mindset with strong analytical skills. Exceptional communication and collaboration skills are essential, as is the ability to work independently and lead change. Proficiency in financial analysis and value chain analysis is important and experience with creative business models is helpful. Qualifications
- First year MBA Students, Master's level students (after their 1st year of an MBA), or individuals who have graduated from an accelerated MBA program.
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher (4.000 scale)
- Four-Six years of post-undergraduate work experience preferred
- Experience with a manufacturing intensive organization, or within the chemical/plastics industry is preferred.
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process. About DowDuPont
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.