is a global function within Dow that ensures the Company's financial flexibility enabling the Company to meet business and corporate strategies in support of our strategic transformation. Treasury is responsible for the management of the Company's liquidity, funding and capital and works closely with executive management. We are a process driven organization - aiming for excellence and innovation in each of the key financial areas: financial risk management, funding, cash management, financial planning, credit risk management, corporate risk management and financial asset management.
We strive to manage risk holistically across the organization by utilizing an enterprise wide risk management methodology. Internship
opportunities exist for MBA students who are within one year of graduation and are seeking a degree with a Finance concentration. The ideal candidate will be pursuing an MBA in Finance from a well-regarded university with a numerically oriented undergraduate degree.
The Treasury work processes are comprised of the following:
- Financial Risk Management: Management of a portfolio of foreign exchange, interest rate, and commodity exposures via hedge strategy development and execution.
- Funding: Professionals participate in the development of capital structure and formulate funding strategies to meet the financing needs of the company.
- Cash Management: Manage the day to day liquidity of the Company and its subsidiaries in support of the optimal short-term financing and investment decisions.
- Financial Planning: Determine the Company's optimal risk adjusted capital structure and forecast cash flow.
- Credit Risk Management: Customer credit risk analysis and mitigation in support of the business strategies to optimize the Company's working capital management.
- Corporate Risk Management: Risk analysis and mitigation options for various business loss scenarios.
- Financial Asset Management (Portfolio Investments): Manage the Company's global pension plan and insurance assets via the development of investment strategies and related asset allocation decisions.
- Compliance: Manage the Company's Treasury compliance and control procedures for both internal and external mandated requirements.
We look for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about Treasury. We seek to build a diverse workforce of professionals who have the ability to work in a global team environment. Applicants must be able to demonstrate superior analytical, communication and problem-solving skills with a commitment to continuous improvement and life-long learning.
The hiring location is Midland, Michigan. The ideal candidates is currently enrolled and pursuing an MBA in Finance from a well-regarded university with a numerically oriented undergraduate degree. Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
Must be currently enrolled and pursuing a MBA with a concentration in Finance.
Must be graduating by December 2018 or Spring/Summer 2019
Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.000 (on a 4.000 scale) is required.
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.STUDENTS INTERVIEWING WITH DOW ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A COPY OF THEIR MOST RECENT TRANSCRIPT TO THE INTERVIEW.
Reliable attendance is an expectation of every Dow employee; therefore, the student must provide their own reliable transportation.
Students will be part of the Dow Chemical National Student Program which includes students from a variety of educational disciplines. About DowDuPont
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Thank you for your interest in employment with The Dow Chemical Company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.