START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE SPRING 2018 (6 Months), SUMMER 2018 (3 Months) and FALL 2018 (6 Months)At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems - there is no better place to grow your career!
Cognitive Software Developer Interns that enable humans and machines to perform better than either humans or machines alone. These systems are designed to create new partnerships between people and machines to augment and scale human expertise in every industry, from healthcare to financial services to education. Cognitive Software Developer Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including: AZ - Phoenix
CA - Almaden, Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose
CO - Denver
GA - Atlanta
MA - Andover, Cambridge, Littleton
MN - Rochester
NC - Raleigh-Durham
NY - New York City, North Castle, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
OH - Cleveland, Dublin, Hartland
OR - Hillsboro
PA - Blue Bell, Pittsburgh
TX - Austin, Dallas
VT - Essex Junction
Opportunities in these locations will vary based on business demand.What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- You will create and maintain machine learning models with a focus on big data.
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications in areas such as machine learning, computational linguistics, and Natural Language Processing (NLP), advanced and semantic information search, extraction, induction, classification and exploration.
- You'll assist with implementing, testing and improving algorithms in these areas, and will proactively identify and file patentable technology.
- You'll employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with engineers and scientists of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You know something about knowledge representation and reasoning.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming in a language such as Java or Python.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.