Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
2018 Cybersecurity Risk Internship Program (Undergraduate)
Discover Financial Services is a leading direct bank and electronic payment services company. Our direct bank issues the companys flagship credit card business and offers an array of banking products, such as home loans, private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit and money market accounts. Discover operates PULSE, one of the nations leading ATM/debit networks; Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discoverfinancial.com .Program: Cybersecurity Risk Internship Program Program Overview:The Discover Internship Program is an exciting opportunity to work on challenging projects in a sought after work environment and culture. This program provides participants with:
- Interesting project assignments that support Discovers strategic priorities and objectives
- Real time and consistent performance feedback
- A team of resources to assist with ongoing training and coaching on career development
- Exposure to managers with excellence in business acumen and effectiveness in managing and developing personnel
- Broad knowledge of cross-functional initiatives, experience and career contacts
- Opportunities to interact with the executive leadership team through program events
Discover identifies individuals who inherently possess Discover Values of Doing the Right Thing, Innovation, Simplicity, Collaboration, Volunteerism, Enthusiasm, and Respect. As a values-oriented organization, Discovers goal is to hire the best and brightest interns as full-time employees after graduating from their collegiate studies. Additional Program Highlights:
- Fully-furnished apartments for the duration of the internship
- Group activities, including networking events among interns and other full-time personnel
- Exposure to and presentations to management (by program)
- Individuals enrolled in an accredited Bachelors Program who will have completed their senior year by June 2020
- Must have a graduation date between December 2018 - June 2020
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Working towards a degree in Information systems, Information assurance, information security, computer science, business or related field
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills and a consultative approach to addressing customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to apply previous experience and knowledge to new situations and problems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate ideas into clear priorities
- Operates as a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.