The Hartford Financial Services Group is offering a 2018 Data Science Summer Internship Program designed to prepare you for a challenging and rewarding Data Science career. During this competitive 11-week summer program, you and your fellow interns will become part of a highly respected Data Science community at a leading Fortune 500 company, undertaking challenging and exciting assignments while sharpening your technical, communication and leadership skills.
Challenging performance objectives ensure that the work you do will be valuable to both you and The Hartford. The program includes a number of unforgettable team building and social events that let you meet and interact with other members of our large analytics community. The Data Science Calendar of Events includes speaker series, leadership panels, modeling competitions and training in insurance and advanced programming/modeling .
Interns enjoy living in luxurious, fully-furnished corporate housing in downtown Hartford. Living in Hartford provides a unique blend of city sophistication and numerous opportunities to explore all that New England has to offer. Job Responsibilities:
Intern opportunities exist in both Personal Lines, Commercial, Claims and business groups within our Data Science departments.
- Participate with other internship program participants.
- Build and enhance the predictive power of existing models.
- Develop state of the art predictive models that help achieve business targets.
- Partner with product, underwriting, claims, actuarial and other areas to implement predictive models.
- Evaluate new internal and external data elements and technologies to be included in predictive models.
- Develop and implement new multivariate methodologies to solve practical business problems.
- Build databases to facilitate robust analyses.
- Identify relationships within data sets that can produce meaningful differentiation amongst competitors.
- Provide insight in to leading analytic practices and produce new and creative analytic solutions.
- Find patterns and insights in unstructured data.
- Potential for machine learning, optimization analysis, simulations research, geospatial statistics and a growing number of advanced analytic topics.
HIGDataSci Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Data Science intern candidates must be working towards masters degrees or a PhD in quantitative disciplines such as Operations Research, Statistics, Business Analytics or other similar degrees.
- Candidates must have previous knowledge in predictive modeling software.
- Candidates must have proven exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD