START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE SPRING 2018 (6 Months), SUMMER 2018 (3 Months) and FALL 2018 (6 Months)
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems - there is no better place to grow your career!
Data Scientist Interns extract knowledge or insights from structured or unstructured data. They draw upon the practice of data analysis, using predictive analytics, data mining, pattern recognition, data modeling, machine learning and various statistical methods in order to solve large scale optimization problems and to understand the meaning behind vast data setsData Scientist Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
AZ - Phoenix
CA - Almaden, Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose
CO - Denver
GA - Atlanta
IL - Chicago
MA - Andover, Cambridge, Littleton
MI - Ann Arbor
MN - Rochester
NC - Raleigh-Durham
NY - New York City, North Castle, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
OH - Cleveland, Dublin, Hartland
OR - Hillsboro
PA - Blue Bell, Pittsburgh
TX - Austin, Dallas
VT - Essex Junction
Opportunities in these locations will vary based on business demand. What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- You will implement and validate predictive models, and create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- You'll communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- You will use statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
- You are great at solving problems; debugging; troubleshooting; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- You have a basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R, SAS, or Python.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.