START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE SPRING 2018 (6 Months), SUMMER 2018 (3 Months) and FALL 2018 (6 Months)At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems - there is no better place to grow your career!
DevOps Developer Interns work at the intersection of Development and Operations; building, deploying, and operating a variety of systems. DevOps Developer Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
AZ - Phoenix
CA - Almaden, Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, Redwood City, San Francisco, San Jose
CO - Denver
GA - Atlanta
MA - Andover, Cambridge, Littleton
MN - Rochester
NC - Raleigh-Durham
NY - New York City, North Castle, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
OH - Cleveland, Dublin, Hartland
OR - Hillsboro; PA - Blue Bell, Pittsburgh
TX - Austin, Dallas
VT - Essex Junction
Opportunities in these locations will vary based on business demand. What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
- You'll pair with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- You'll automate and optimize processes, using tools like Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Docker, and UrbanCode.
- You'll design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- You'll troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for ensuring scalable and highly-available products.
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems; debugging; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
- You are familiar with operating systems such as Linux, Windows, iOS and Android.
- You have a basic understanding of programming/scripting in a language such as Java, Bash, Python, or Ruby.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.