Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is seeking an intern to work with us for 12 weeks during the summer of 2018. We are looking for students who will graduate between December 2018 and June 2019. We will be taking applications until April 1, 2018.
Like other Tech and Fintech organizations, Paypal has increasingly become a target for attacks against both its customers and its systems. PayPal's Information Security team is looking for creative and passionate Interns who are excited about learning what it takes to work as a member of a talented team to secure customers, systems and data in today's rapidly evolving threat environment.
If you are a team-player who wants to make a career in Information Security, and gain real-world experience with a world-class team in the ever-changing field of security, please apply for this position.
PayPal is looking for talented, team-oriented, university students with hands-on or educational experience, and interest in at least three of the following areas:
- Security Architecture
- Application Security
- Data Security
- Threat Modeling
- Digital Forensics
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Incident Response
- Intrusion Detection
- Security Governance
- Python, Java, Ruby, Go, C, or related development experience
- Linux and/or Windows administration
- software fundamental including software design, algorithm development, code modularity, and maintainability
While our project assignments vary, all interns will be embedded in a security team, and with the guidance of an individual internship mentor, can expect to:
- Engage with their internship mentor to craft an Information Security project that is interesting to the intern and has significant value for PayPal, and potentially the wider technology ecosystem
- Engage Information Security and business teams to understand context, research needs, develop insights and get buy in to their project
- Develop and document a set of deliverables that meet the goal of the project
- Pitch their project or research findings to Information Security leaders
What you will learn
- Real world experience of how to be successful in a business context
- The state of Information Security in today's world
- Information Security knowledge, skills and capabilities
- Verbal and written communication within a large business
What we are looking for:
- Junior or Senior pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related degree.
- Coursework should include computer science fundamentals, information security or governance, programming languages, and related technical studies.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and an interest in deepening knowledge of information security principles
- Demonstrated abilities to comprehend, discuss and apply concepts and theories within both overall Information Technology and Information Security / Governance fields.
- Strong analytical skills along with necessary communication skills necessary to document the processes and actions taken to complete each assignment.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.