Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA is offering a unique opportunity within our Information Technology (IT) department to undergraduate and post graduate candidates interested in disciplines within IT. As Technical Associates (TAs), you will be tasked with utilizing academic knowledge, skills and experience to apply technology to solve real business challenges for a mission driven technology organization.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: The TIAA Technical Associate Program offers an exciting mix of strategically aligned assignments, professional development, and the ability to experience many facets of our IT organization. The environment is challenging, hands on, and full of growth opportunities. Candidates can expect to work with financial services technology tools and learn the techniques, disciplines and processes that deliver the highest quality results.
Rotational assignments are employed during the overall 59 week program to build cross-functional proficiency. TAs will be pre-placed to a department within Technology, upon completion of the training program, based upon business need and the best fit of your skills and interest.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: As part of the 59 week program, you will have the opportunity to experience:
- Up to three professional experiences on a technology team as part of the rotational program
- Unique networking opportunities and access to IT Senior Leadership
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities
- 7 weeks of intensive technical and behavioral based training utilizing technologies vital to the industry and organization
*Program Begins in July each year
ROTATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: You will have the opportunity to work within exciting new technology areas including: Mobile development (Android & iOS), Python, Java & .NET development, Cloud computing, Big Data, Tableau, Oracle, Hadoop, AngularJS, Python, and many more!
The Technical Associate Program offers you the opportunity to join one of four distinct TRACKS in order to build a skillset that will transform your technical abilities into a fungible skillset vital to a successful career in financial services technology.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline is required.
- Graduation date between August 2017 and June 2018
- Minimum Overall GPA of 3.0 or better;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook - at least 2 years of work or academic experience)
- Internship experience is a plus
- Leadership skills and a commitment to shared success (i.e. works well in teams)
- Technical skills (e.g. programming, networking, etc) and the intellectual curiosity to learn and acquire more indepth expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adapts and embraces change – especially in exciting and fast paced environments
- High motivation
- Desire to continuously learn
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on commitment
**** TIAA will not sponsor visas for these positions and, due to program format, will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017