Janssen Research & Development Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) Co-op to be based in NJ or PA. The duration of this co-op is January - June or July - December 2017.
Janssen Research & Development (Johnson & Johnson) Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Co-op will support the PDMS group, a part of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development. The PDMS organization is responsible for the development of technology used in the large-scale manufacture of pharmaceutical products including active pharmaceutical ingredients, formulations, analytical methods, and devices to enable patient dosing of these pharmaceuticals. PDMS is also responsible for the manufacture of toxicology supplies and clinical supplies intended for phase 1 and phase 2 studies.
Opportunities for co-ops exist at our PA and NJ facilities in the following groups:
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient - Large Molecules
Drug Product Development
- Learn about all aspects of bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing including fermentation/cell culture, purification, drug product formulation, clinical supply manufacture, and manufactured product technical and analytical support.
- Participate in the planning, execution, and analysis of a wide variety of experiments, with guidance from an experienced scientist/engineer.
- Assist in the creation of a manufacturing cell line, development and implementation of biological manufacturing processes, scale-up procedures, and test methods relevant to the processing, formulation, and evaluation of monoclonal antibodies and other biologics.
- Assist with the implementation of IT systems such as electronic laboratory notebooks or data acquisition systems or may assist in the development of process modeling tools.
- Assist in managing distribution of clinical supplies and development of supply plans.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement projects involving capacity improvements, cost savings, process improvements.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college throughout the duration of the co-op.
- Completion of a minimum of two years towards a BS or pursuing a MS or PhD in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering; Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry; Biology; Biochemistry; Molecular Biology; Biotechnology; Microbiology; Supply Chain Management or related science or engineering disciplines is required.
- Previous co-op or internship experience is preferred.
- Student must be available from January - June or July - December 2017 and have the ability to work full-time during that time.
- Extensive PC based skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint, SAP are preferred (SAP for Supply Chain Management only).
- Minimum 3.2 GPA is preferred.
- Local travel may be required.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to/from their work location.
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
United States-Pennsylvania-MalvernOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.