Recognized as a Top Company to Work for in Arizona 2014-2017. Awarded for being a \"Company that has a long values power of inclusion and diversity\". Discover Financial Services is a leading direct bank and electronic payment services company. Our direct bank issues the company's flagship credit card business and offers an array of banking products, such as home loans, private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit and money market accounts. Discover operates PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories.
The Discover Internship Program is an exciting opportunity to work on challenging projects in a sought after work environment and culture. This program provides participants with:
* Interesting project assignments that support Discover's strategic priorities and objectives
* Real time and consistent performance feedback
* A team of resources to assist with ongoing training and coaching on career development
* Exposure to managers with excellence in business acumen and effectiveness in managing and developing personnel
* Broad knowledge of cross-functional initiatives, experience and career contacts
* Opportunities to interact with the executive leadership team through program events
Discover identifies individuals who inherently possess Discover Values of Doing the Right Thing, Innovation, Simplicity, Collaboration, Volunteerism, Enthusiasm, and Respect. As a values-oriented organization,
Additional Program Highlights:
* Fully-furnished suites for the duration of the internship
* Group activities, including networking events among interns and other full-time personnel
* Exposure to and presentations to management (by program)
Operation Internship Program Track:
We are currently seeking college Juniors or Seniors to join our Operations Internship Program (OIP). The OIP is a program that allows participants to complete projects within one of the functional areas of the Cardmember Services and Consumer Banking (CSCB) department. At the completion of the program, participants may be considered for full-time offers for the Operations Leadership Program (OLP).
Our internship program is focused on developing participants to help them achieve their career goals. We provide exposure to both the technical and business sides of our team and offer many opportunities through class offerings, cross-functional project work and presentations to senior management, to allow participants to hone their skills and increase their knowledge and confidence.
* Individuals enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree program who will have completed their Junior year by June 2018 in business or a related discipline
o Other undergraduate classifications with relevant work experience and/or in a related field of study will be considered
* Must have a graduation date between May 2018 - June 2019
o Other undergraduate classifications may have other graduation dates
* A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
Desired Skills and/or Attributes
* Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic and/or extracurricular experiences
* Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate ideas into clear priorities
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Capable of building strong relationships and working within a team
* Excellent project management skills
* Strong financial and analytical aptitude
* Results driven
* Exhibition of creative and innovative ideas
* Ability to interpret data analysis and effectively communicate findings, making strategic business recommendations based upon data analysis
* Ability to apply previous experience and knowledge to new situations and problems
* Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with and influence employees at all different levels
* Ability to resolve ambiguity and analyze data to surface insights
* Ability to execute accurate, quantitatively sound analysis
* Passion for and interest in mastering process improvement skills
* Open to feedback and ability to adapt
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.