We are Farmers!
Based in Caledonia, MI, this unique paid internship provides real world work experience plus the opportunity to work with Farmers leadership and learn first-hand how Farmers supports our customers and remains competitive in the insurance industry. As a part of the Farmers Internship, you will not only be working within the Business, you will also have the opportunity to work together with other interns on an exciting project, which you will present to Farmers leadership prior to the conclusion of the internship program. This is a great opportunity to leave your mark at Farmers and make a real difference within the Farmers business, plus the chance to network and build lasting relationships with students from other Universities as well as many members of the Farmers leadership team.
12 week summer internship
40-hour work week
Lodging is NOT provided
Throughout the internship and working directly with members of the Farmers Leadership team, you will get experience in and involved with the following:
• Helping with the coordination and organization of the project and people
• Researching and gathering information
• Presenting/speaking in front of groups
• Identifying areas of improvement and making recommendations for its implementation.
• Working with different business units throughout the organization
Here are a few more amenities you will enjoy while working onsite:
• Tremendous opportunity for future growth and upward mobility
• Performance is rewarded – you drive your own success - future full time opportunities may be available.
• On-site amenities including:
fitness center/shower, Walking trails in and outside, Game rooms, Learning Center, Employee Credit Union/ATM, and more
• Company Store (stamps, DVD rentals, gift cards, and more)
• State-of-the-Art Facility
• Business Casual Dress Code (including jeans)
• Community Involvement (i.e. Corporate Challenge, March of Dimes and United Way)
Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to juggle competing priorities as well as make an impact within a team environment. Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Process basic policy and account related transactions. Reviews problems and communicates with appropriate personnel to obtain information when necessary. Attains performance level standards as outlined in performance objectives. Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in-house or outside insurance/industry related courses/seminars as deemed necessary to expand product/system knowledge. Stays current with relevant product (s). Understands and strives to support organizations overall strategy. Models Farmers core values. Performs other duties as assigned.
A little about us: