Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a CNS In Vitro Pharmacology Intern in our San Diego, CA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The internship involves working in laboratory that evaluates novel chemical compounds against their enzyme/protein/receptor targets toward the furtherance of drug discovery. The intern will assist biologists in conducting biochemical assays, cell-based screening assays and solubility assays. The intern will work closely with a biochemist in a pharmaceutical research lab learning and applying practical aspects of biochemistry and cell-based assay. This individual will interact closely with other biologists and biochemists in the team. Responsibilities will also include maintaining a safe organized lab bench and become proficient with appropriate software necessary to execute the duties and keep an accurate and comprehensive notebook.
- Applicants should be highly motivated with a strong interest in learning biology/biochemistry research
- Students should be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program working towards a BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field (Second and Third year students preferred)
- Applicant must be authorized for lawful employment in the U.S.
- College coursework in General Chemistry and General Biology is necessary
- A strong preference will be given to applicants who have completed Biology, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry and Calculus
- Applicant will be expected to have excellent oral and written communication, good computer skills; Microsoft word, excel, graphical presentation of data and Powerpoint slide presentations
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.