At Exelon, we've got a place for you Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
We are looking for energetic students excited about the chance to be a part of an essential, challenging, and evolving industry, helping us maintain our momentum and chart paths to new opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
You will have exposure to several areas of Finance and Accounting and will work on a variety of tasks and projects with a team of professionals.
1. Internal / External Reporting, Close Processes; performing monthly close activities (e.g., roll forwards, journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.) and internal/external reporting; data requests
2. Reviewing and following up on capital projects (e.g., setup, status, etc.) and performing special internal projects and/or assisting various business units or groups
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or general Business Administration
• Ability to refine knowledge of generally accepted Accounting/Finance principles
• Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
• Good interpersonal skills and team working capabilities
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.