Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Marketed Product Intern in our Deerfield office. H ere, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Marketed products are an important part of Takeda’s overall business strategy and our promise to patients. The R&D Marketed Products Group is a dedicated R&D group consisting of cross-functional R&D resources that provide support and seek ways to enhance the efficiency, expertise, and quality of products that have been on the market across the globe. The intern(s) in Marketed Products will be integral members of this small and agile team during their tenure. They will be involved in project management activities for individual programs, as well as overall portfolio management across programs. They will interface with key functions supporting Marketed Products including Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Operations, Finance, and Commercial Business Units. They will have exposure to the regional strategies for these products and the activities and challenges involved in maintaining them on the market. In addition, they will be involved in aligning the portfolio with business strategy, proactive strategic initiatives and reactive issues management.
- Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
- The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
- You will contribute to challenging and high priority initiatives that align to your interest and also tie back to the larger corporate and functional strategic goals.
- You will be introduced to Takeda’s unique culture (Takeda-ism).
- Develop an understanding of the drug development phases and the importance of life-cycle management and marketed products
- Employ project management methodology and tools to support the project management function:
- Assist in the collection, consolidation and reporting of project/ portfolio performance
- Maintain project information using enterprise management systems (e.g. MS Project, Project Web Access, SharePoint)
- Support the development of management reports and presentations
- Assist project management team members in the preparation, execution and follow-up of project team meetings
- Provide support for project management operational initiatives and communications
- Work closely with the Head of Business Operations on portfolio management
- Interface with other Takeda divisions on proactive strategic initiatives and reactive issues management
- Gain an understanding of the commercial objectives and assist with ensuring alignment of the portfolio with strategy of the Business Units
- Interface with strategic partner(s) to assist with oversight of functional activities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate-level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master’s degree; for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- May work on the computer for several hours at a time.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.