Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a US Medical Office, Medical Information & Review Intern in our Deerfield, IL location office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The M ed i c a l Information & Review team delivers highquality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding specific products, upon the request of internal and external business partners, health care professionals (HCPs) and consumers. Another critical responsibility of this position is to provide medical and scientific review of promotional materials, press releases, and sales training communications to support the Medical/Regulatory/Legal process.
- R e t r i e v e , analyze and interpret the professional and scientific literature to assist in providing medical information to consumersandhealth care professionals.
- U s e a systematic and efficient procedure to retrieve appropriate medical information to assist in answering a request.
- U t ili z e several types of medical information resources that can be used to satisfy a medical information request.
- E v a l ua t e components of research literature, including study design, methodology, results, conclusions, and clinical significance, for appropriateness, accuracy, and completeness.
- F o r m u l a t e medical information responses based on requestors’ questions and Takeda's medical information editorial standards.
- P r o v i d e medical and scientific review of a medical information response, and promotional material to support the Medical/Regulatory/Legal process.
- U nde r s t an d the various roles, processes and industry standards involved in providing medical information and review in the pharmaceutical industry setting.
- D e v e l o p knowledge of other roles and functions within Medical and Scientific Affairs and other departments.
- I n addition, the intern, in consultation with the internship supervisor, will develop and present one structured presentation relevant to Medical Information & Review.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- C and i da t e must be pursuing a PharmD, PhD, or MD program
- C and i da t e must have completed their P2 year if pursuing PharmD
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook – Limited experience
- MS Word – Proficient
- MS Excel – Proficient
- MS PowerPoint – Proficient
- E x pe r i en c e performing searches of medical and scientific literature using PubMed and/or Ovid
- K no w l edg e of commonly used study designs used in carrying out clinical and public health research
- A b ili t y to write clearly, concisely, and objectively in order to convey medical and scientific concepts
T h e ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problemsolving, and oral and written communication skills; he orshe also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Local travel may be required based on business needs.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.