Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Market and Customer Insights Intern in our Deerfield office. H ere, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The intern will gain exposure to best practices in Competitive Intelligence and Market Research. Learn how a deep understanding of customer needs, influences and future possibilities, synthesized with a practical understanding of competitive activity and potential positioning, can yield excellence in business strategy and tactics.
Rarely do professionals have the opportunity to work on a strong competitive, fast-leading drug like Entyvio, with truly novel mechanism of action to answer the needs of patients and healthcare professionals alike. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Develop competitor profiles: manage cross-functional opinions from medical, legal, sales and marketing colleagues to synthesize the key tenents of counter-competitive positioning and market leadership. Interview experts in various business areas to profile competitor strengths and weaknesses. Manage external third party consultants in competitive investigations.
- Develop deep-dive reports across key strategic areas identified for business improvement in marketing for Entyvio brand, the fastest growing therapy in ulcerative colitis. Evaluate the research methods used to understand these topics in the past, synthesize the good insights from the data, and provide recommendations for new research and/or next steps to address the topic.
- Study best practices in market research and competitive intelligence in collaboration with a strong team of seasoned professionals, offer recommendations for next step research programs.
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited MBA program: Advanced study in market research, competitive intelligence, or marketing.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook – Limited experience
- MS Word – Limited experience
- MS Excel – Proficient
- MS PowerPoint – Moderate experience, build reports in powerpoint.
- Good presentation skills.
Local travel may be required based on business needs. Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.