29173BR - Drafting Engineering Technician 3
Posted: December 07, 2016
Reference ID: 1766716491
This is a Drafting Engineering Technician III Job in San Diego, CA! Adecco has an immediate opening for a 1 year contract Drafting Engineering Technician III in San Diego, CA!
Role will be responsible for drafting/design for a wireline (OSP/Fiber) Telecom project.
Continues to learn and remains current on standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and company policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement: Begins to proactively apply knowledge of the company Quality Program to ensure that the deliverables are accurate and compliant. Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
Broadening the use of applications to learn to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables. Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs. May perform basic computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
Assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
Typically a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
Prefer experience/knowledge in one or more of the following:
1. Drafting in OPTI or ARAMIS
2. Wireline (Fiber / OSP drafting) and/or Wireless.
3. Experience with drafting/design in multiple software programs (school, internship, and/or work)
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Learning on the Fly
• Problem Solving
• Time Management
• Drive for Results
• Self Development
• Customer Focus
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Understands and applies Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD), information modeling or other applications or design or modeling skills and/or design principles and practices.
• Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and company policies and procedures.
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
• Basic knowledge of other disciplines
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
If you're ready to make a change and work for a Fortune 500 Company, submit your resume for the Drafting Engineering Technician III Job in San Diego, CA today!