Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Cylinder Repair Tech in Charlestown, NH!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
NATURE OF POSITION:
Valve, repairs and paints cylinders. In addition, the UE Technician person will maintain inventory of valves and parts necessary for safely repairing cylinders. This individual will perform other plant work when required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for personal safety and health.
• Ensures a safe and healthy work area
• Follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Report all unsafe actions and conditions to supervisor immediately.
• Knowledgeable of hazards associated with high pressure & cryogenic cylinder tanks.
• Be punctual and comply with hourly work schedules.
• Interface with other department employees.
• Perform other duties as required.
Other duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, showroom displays, demonstrations, and other duties as required.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
• Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
• Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
• Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
• Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must be familiar with Airgas Standard Operating procedures
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA LLC
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.