GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
2nd Shift Operations Leader - Unit to Base
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The 2nd Shift Operations Leader - Unit to Base in Gas Turbine Manufacturing, you will manage a team of highly skilled individuals in building and assembling state of the art turbo machinery within GE Power & Water - the world's largest producer of gas turbine technology. You will be expected to make business critical decisions in a timely manner while demonstrating leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment.
As the 2nd Shift Operations Leader - Unit to Base, you will:
• Provide direction to support needs of each production area, including manpower, work assignments, scheduling of overtime, and training
• Drive daily schedule attainment to meet all internal and external customer commitments with top quality at the lowest cost, implement a strategy to reduce cycle times, drive VCP (Variable Cost Productivity), reduce in-process inventory levels, and improve quality, service and safety
• Develop, coordinate, lead and execute daily production plans
• Provide direction and leadership to production employees, including work assignments, scheduling of overtime, and training
• Drive business critical metrics including safety, quality and productivity
• Work with cross-functional peers in manufacturing engineering, planning, quality, etc. to resolve issues
• Manage fulfillment / output consistent with the goals and objectives of the department
• Arrange for adequate staffing to meet the production schedules set by production planning and consistent with the operating plan
• Support, encourage and facilitate core manufacturing principles by providing adequate time for training and for teams to accomplish continuous improvement projects
• Work to maintain and further develop a Visual Workplace including support for a 5-S program, active project boards, performance measure charts, and training program status boards
• Develop and support the growth of all employees
• Support all company workplace policies including attendance and safety objectives
• Work with HR to develop a performance oriented work environment encompassing timely performance appraisals, reviews for new employees, and timely disciplinary action when warranted
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing or industrial)
• Ability and willingness to work 2nd Shift hours
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Leadership Experience in production or operations supervision
• Desire to work in a challenging and dynamic manufacturing environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technical, Business, Supply Chain or related fields
• Prior manufacturing / leadership experience
• Ability to plan, communicate and execute
• Ability to deal fairly and equitably with all employees
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated integrity - accept and adhere to high ethical, moral and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.