Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management Recycle America (WMRA) strives to be your one-stop recycling resource. Our goal is to improve the sustainability and future growth of recycling programs to ensure that they work for everyone. Our vision is a reinvigorated recycling industry that offers communities and businesses more effective and affordable recycling program options. WM Recycle America provides manufacturers with the secure, consistent stream of high-quality raw materials they need to maintain operational efficiency.
Waste Management in Elkridge, MD is looking for a 2nd Shift Plant Maintenance Supervisor to join our team. The Maintenance Supervisor report directly to the Plant Maintenance Manager and works closely with the Operations Management team to identify/inspect/repair any item that can cause unscheduled overtime. The Supervisor is responsible overseeing the day-to-day operations of the employees in the plant and manages the work flow and assign all tasks to the technicians. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedules needed repairs to have minimum interference.
- Coordinates and supervises all maintenance work and repairs, and monitors progress and quality.
- Reviews technician repairs and other maintenance requests, and prepares work order documents
- Reviews all DEI's and responds accordingly to noted equipment deficiency's
- Performs mechanical duties as needed
- Serves as a mentor to help teach maintenance skills to entry level tech's
- Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of full-time employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- 5 - 7 years experience with hydraulics, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic applications, and should posses welding and fabrication skills
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Maintenance and repairs skills, and supervisory experience may be required.
- Must be willing to work as necessary (including weekends) to ensure the highest level of confidence of system operational availability
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day ;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely ;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely ;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or plant.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply." 'Text "WASTE" to 51893 to join our team (or learn more)."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.