2nd Shift Position
Production Line Lead will lead teams of assembly operators in building product for the customer. All job responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the company’s Mission/Values Statement and its Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads a team of assembly operators in building boxes, subassemblies, kits, etc. as per Work Instructions and Procedures.
- Is the peer trainer for new operators assigned to the line to ensure safety, quality, and production requirements are understood and ensures new operators demonstrate proficiency
- Maintains and audits line processes to verify conformance to procedures
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustment of lines and machines.
- Enforces safety regulations.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Analyzes work problems and elevates situation to the appropriate coordinator/ supervisor/manager.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confers with personnel from other departments in order to coordinate activities on the line.
- Promotes 5S in the production area and ensures 5S standards are met on the production lines.
- Ensures that all aspects of the Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.