**Please not this is a 2nd shift opportunity** Candidates will only be considered if they are open to working 2nd shift indefinitely**
Scope of Work This position will supervise personnel, workflow and equipment in various production assembly processes. Position requires a continuous level of production floor visibility and is responsible for production output volumes, quality of product, personnel scheduling, cost control, safety and 5S.
- Quality and appearance of various products being produced
- Daily consistent production output
- Production efficiency
- Labor cost control
- Must adjust output to production demands and keep lead-time low On time delivery (by completing schedules on time)
Building and grounds cleanliness and management
- Personnel matters- position carries out and conducts performance reviews and disciplinary matters (with HR Mgr)
Inventory cycle counting
- Position is hands on with entire day spent in the plant, checking hourly production progress and QC/appearance checks
- Monitor and control scrap
- Follow and maintain all implemented procedures
- Handle all HSE aspects of the facility directly in cooperation with Production Manager and Corporate HSE Manager, including:
- Monthly safety and environmental walks of grounds
- Periodic safety meetings with employees
- Handle any machine guarding needs as they arise with Corporate HSE Manager direction and aid
- Maintain all ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 needs as directed by Corporate HSE Manager
- Responsible to make sure employees are following all safety procedures.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- 2 years of college and/or 3-5 years experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
- or governmental regulations. The ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of computer sales software; Outlook Internet software; Pricing software; Microsoft Programs, such as Excel Spreadsheets and Word Processing software. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.