An Animator on the World of Warcraft team brings to life the characters and creatures of the world of Azeroth. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 3D and 2D animation is essential. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create animation for characters, creatures, bosses, mounts, and other assets
- Animate within the World of Warcraft style
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Animators
- Communicate with Production, Art Management, and other departments
- 2 years of experience in game development animating characters
- Exceptional skills in animating the humanoid bipeds, quadrupeds, and other creatures
- Understand the animation style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
- Good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A demo reel link
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.